Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Characters

I posted a few days ago about whether any of the cubs and scouts that passed through my life in recent years and how I remember them. So I thought I'd tell you about a couple of the more memorable ones. Not necessarily the best or the worst or particular favourites but the ones that stick in the mind for one reason or another.

First there was J. He was one of these kids that simply exploded into cubs. There was no 2 or 3 weeks when he was a bit shy, no settling in period, it was bang and in. He walked through the doors and more or less dived straight in, pretty much head first I think. He was no clown though, this was a bright kid who was quick on the up take of pretty much everything, and things did just seem to happen around him.

Next I'll give you M. She will stick in the mind a long time for a long time for simply being the most stubborn cub I have ever met. Stubborn as a mule doesn't do justice, I simply never got her to change her mind on anything. Ever. And I am a bloody minded little sod! Was last heard of breezing through school and pissing off all of her teachers. Her older brother had gone through cubs a few years earlier. And yes, he was pretty much the same.

G. G was a cub and is still a scout. I have simply never met anyone who talks so much. He simply never stops. It's not in an intentionally annoying way (although I did have to ask him to leave the room last week), he just has loads to say. For some one who can act like such a prat at times though he's surprisingly popular with the girls in the troop. How?

Anyway, that's just a few of them, maybe I'll return to the subject one day.

No comments: