After the serious stuff of the last post I thought I'd have a bit of fun with this one, it's another one of my lists. In no particular order here are my top ten most over rated things in the world. What are yours?
1. Titanic. Boat sinks, boy gets the girl. Decent effects I'll grant you, it's not even that bad, it's a passable movie and Kate Winslett is certainly lovely but worth all those oscars? Is it really that good? Nah.
2. Radiohead. Couple of decent singles in Creep and Street Spirit but then disapeared up their own arse. Better guitarists than me but worth all the adulation? Nah.
3. Music festivals. Mud. Drunk teenagers. Iffy toilets. Why not just go to a normal gig and go home and sleep in your own bed?
4. Celery. Urban legend has it that you burn more calories eating/digesting than you get for it. So what's the point?
5. Fizzy water. Why?
6. Quintin Tarrantino. Passable films, no great shakes. And he wears a berret. Why?
7. Motor racing. How is this considered a sport?
8. Twitter, can be fun to play with but generally pretty useless.
9. Tea. It doesn't taste of anything, why not just drink hot water?
10. Film 4. Couple of decent films a day, rest is just rubbish.