Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Good The Bad and The Ugly

The last night of cubs for this term has passed and it was a pretty sad moment for me. As I mentioned a couple of days ago I will be moving on to scouts in the summer so this was my last cubs Christmas bash. And because various discussions need to take place I couldn’t actually tell them that it was my last one. Maybe I’m just a big softy, maybe I need to grow up but I felt pretty sad about it all.

The kids, as ever, were lovely and I got showered with cards and chocolate (but no booze this year, come on kids, there’s normally at least one bottle of something, don’t you realise that Akela needs alcohol???) and when I do finally move on I am really going to miss them.

It should have been the last night for my number 2 S as well. She is about to drop her first sprog so wont be with us for a few months while she settles into life as a mum and by the time she’s back I’ll be gone. She couldn’t make it in the end as she felt a tad unwell (which I think your allowed to do when your 38 weeks pregnant!). Over the last few years me and her have made, what I think, is a dam good team, in many ways we’re very alike and are very good friends, in other ways we are very different and bring to the pack what the other one lacks. So as I left last night it felt a bit like the end of an era.

As a rather naff boy band once sang though, one day this will be somebody else’s dream, so I guess I shouldn’t feel too sad, just look forward to what is still to come.

And then I went to cycle home and found some little fucker had pinched my bike lights.

GRRRRR……..

No comments: