Sunday, November 12, 2006


Eurojam revisited.....

Well its now 15 months since I got back from Eurojam and today I flicked back through the bucket load of photos that I took there. And looking at one or two of them suddenly reminded me what an incredible experience that must have been for the kids. It was amazing for me as well but some of these kids grew up in the middle of it! Slap bang in the middle of field surrounded by kids from 68 different countries. The memories they must have taken away, particularly that closing ceremony, which was one of the most emotional spectacles I have ever whitnessed, will be something they take with them for the rest of their lives. the picture at the top of, I think, Portuguese scouts, sums it all up.

On the days when its tough, when I have no support and its all going wrong, I look at photos like that and it reminds we why I do this.

No comments: