Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Moving on

So as some of you may recall I agreed to move on from cubs to running scouts in the summer. Tonight it looks like we have found my replacement as Akela. (I mean to run cubs, my alter ego will live on and will still be writing on here as much as ever!)

I'm dead pleased (actually, hold your horses, the fat lady isn't singing yet, but she's certainly finished her warm up and is waiting in the wings) to have found someone. I've put a lot of work in over the last 6 years and to have someone come along so quickly to take it on and make sure it doesn't all go to waste is brilliant.

And yet.... fuck it's hard letting go. And I have to, because if they are going to carry on as a success they have to be allowed to do it their way and assert themselves and build their team around them. It's going to be difficult though, you can't work as hard as I have and easily let it go.

No comments: