Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Blackadder

I always loved Black Adder, one of the best pieces of satirical comedy ever produced on tv, all the more funny for its painfully tight budget, and the best line was the wonderful,

"Something smells fishy and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldrick's apple crumble."

And it was this very line that sprang to mind when I read about the wild cat strikes breaking out at a number of oil refineries across the country. Something at the back of my mind wasn't computing, it all looked like workers with a legit grievance on the surface but something, somewhere wasn't sitting comfortably with me, and I just couldn't put my finger on what.

And now it seems that I was right to feel a little suspicious, because guess who have reared their ugly head behind it all? Our dear friends the BNP!

Sorry lads, but it looks like you've been rumbled. Now fuck of back underneath what ever rock you crawled out from under. There's good chaps.

No comments: