Monday, January 12, 2009

A Rather Long Night

Well I did it, I told the cubs I would be leaving. They were pretty surprised and there were quite a few gasps. It shocked them a lot more than I expected.

And then there was one of those moments that makes it all worthwhile, when you realise why you do what you do and that all that hard work on those evenings and weekends is worth it. I explained that I wouldn't be going far as I would be simply taking over the scouts and the smile on the face of one of the kids that will be moving to scouts around the same time I do simply lit up the room! When you make a kid happy like that words can't explain just how special it is.

And so we had a slightly mad night with a camp fire in the rain, I sang till me throat gave in, we all got soaking wet but frankly, kids these days could use more time getting wet and muddy! Long live mud I say!

No comments: